You can download email messages from a remote POP3 or Gmail account to your Workspace Webmail account. When you add a remote account, you can specify what folder email messages are moved to, whether to check the account automatically and whether to apply spam and filtering rules to the account, and you can leave a copy of your messages on the account.
To setup your remote email account:
1. Login to your webmail account.
2. Underneath Settings click Personal Settings.
3. Click on the Remote Email tab.
4. Click on the Add New button.
5. For Type, select Gmail. Your server information will be filled in for you. Now enter your Gmail User Name and Password. These are the only fields required in order for the remote email account feature to work. However, there are additional options you may want to select that include Delivery Folder, Filter Spam and Apply Delivery Rules, Check Automatically, and Leave Copy on Server.
Note: Email will be checked automatically (if selected) every 30 minutes.
6. Once you've configured your remote email account settings, click OK.
You will need to make sure that you have POP3 enabled in your Gmail preferences. To enable the POP3 ability within your Gmail account:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click Settings in the upper right hand corner.
- Click the Forwarding and POP tab.
- You will need to select one of the two enable POP options based on your preference.
- Click Save Changes.